Wonderful service from start to finish.
Debt Recovery Solicitors in Waterlooville
Are you struggling to recover payment due to you on your invoices? Unpaid debts can quickly lead to larger financial issues impacting your own cash flow, and consequently your ability to make payments yourself. This can harm your commercial reputation externally with your suppliers and creditors as well as internally with your employees.
Taking swift action with your debtors at the right time and in the right way is crucial to securing payment while also protecting those commercial relationships that are key to your organisation and your overall business objectives. We can help you find the right solution that's works for you, whether you are a business owner, Finance Director or Credit Controller.
How do I recover my unpaid debts?
The first step in any attempt to recover an unpaid invoice would be for you to contact your debtor and discuss the situation with them. All organisations experience financial difficulties occasionally and so by having this discussion you can understand their concerns and perhaps agree a flexible payment plan to maintain that relationship.
If attempts such as this are not successful, it may be time to consider a more formal approach with assistance from expert legal advisors. While every situation will be different, there are generally four steps in the debt recovery process:
- Letter Before Action (LBA) - this letter confirms with your debtor that there is an outstanding debt owed and that unless payment is received within a specific time period, you will be applying to the Court to take legal action.
- Court proceedings - in the majority of circumstances, the LBA will lead to payment of the invoice as your debtor wishes to avoid Court proceedings. If this is not the case however, we will the manage the next phase of the Court paperwork and administration on your behalf.
- County Court Judgment - if payment is still not forthcoming after the Court proceedings, then we will apply for a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against your debtor which requires payment to be made within a defined time period, allows enforcement proceedings to commence if payment is not made and impacts the debtor's credit rating.
- Enforcement - we can advise you as to the most appropriate approach regarding enforcement of the judgment in order to reclaim the monies owed to you.
Each of these stages is governed by certain time periods, deadlines and criteria, which is why it is imperative that you seek appropriate legal advice when chasing your outstanding debts to reduce the risk of future litigation.
Why should I choose the Debt Recovery team at Warner Goodman LLP?
Our team has over 35 years of experience in working with a variety of businesses in debt recovery, including those in the recruitment, manufacturing, hospitality, retail, food and dairy and distribution sectors. In addition to our proven success at recovering debts swiftly while retaining important commercial relationships, we can offer you and your business:
- A unique and transparent debt recovery pricing structure tailored to remove the financial risk from you at this time of uncertainty.
- A full review of your current credit control practices to develop and streamline this to avoid similar situations in the future.
- State of the art software allowing us to reduce our time spent on administration and focus on the practical side of recovering your debt.
- Excellent relationships with the necessary third parties regarding enforcement of the judgment against your debtor.
- Being a firm of Solicitors you can rest assured that our advice is fully regulated and given in your best interest. You can also have the benefit of the experience of our colleagues within the wider Litigation and Dispute Resolution department.
All of your staff who we’ve had dealings with are extremely approachable & helpful. Brian Kirby is excellent, he is totally professional, but also pragmatic. He handles things speedily & efficiently. It is a great pleasure to work with him.
If you are looking for advice as to how best to recover any debts owed to you, or to find out more about how we can assist in streamlining your credit control processes, you can call Brian Kirby today on 023 8071 7421 or email email@example.com.
As well as the assistance our Debt Recovery Solicitors can provide, you may also find the following information useful: