Warner Goodman Solicitors banner

Concerned about care home fees?

We understand that the topic of Care Home Fees often brings about uncertainty and anxiety. Whether you're planning for your own future care or assisting a loved one in making these decisions, it's crucial to be well-informed and prepared. This page is designed to provide you with valuable insights and guidance on this critical subject.

Understanding Care Home Fees

Navigating the world of care home fees can be complex. It's essential to comprehend the different factors that influence the cost of care and the options available to help cover these expenses. Here, we break down the key aspects to consider:

  • Types of Care: The level of care required significantly affects the cost. Residential care, nursing care, dementia care, and specialised services come with varying price tags.
  • Location: Care home fees can differ significantly depending on where the facility is situated. Urban areas often have higher costs than rural regions.
  • Care Home Facilities: The quality and amenities of a care home can impact the fees. Luxury facilities tend to be more expensive than basic accommodations.
  • Funding Options: There are various ways to fund care, including personal savings, the sale of property, government support, and insurance. Understanding these options is crucial to make informed choices.
  • Financial Assessments: Local authorities assess the financial eligibility of individuals to receive financial assistance for care. Knowing the assessment process is vital. Disputes can sometimes emerge when the Local Authority performs these assessments due to incorrectly evaluating assets and estates. These assessments can heavily impact how someone's care is funded and can be the difference from paying as little as £500.00 a month to £5,000.00. 

Planning and Preparation

The key to managing care home fees is early planning. Whether you're concerned about your future or that of a loved one, taking proactive steps can alleviate much of the stress and financial burden. Here's what you can do:

  1. Assessment of Needs: Assess the level of care required, taking into consideration current health and potential future needs.
  2. Financial Evaluation: Understand your financial situation and explore funding options. Seek professional advice to ensure you're making the most of available support.
  3. Legal Documents: Review your legal documentation, such as Wills and Powers of Attorney and ensure they align with your care preferences.
  4. Benefits and Grants: Investigate potential benefits and grants to help with care home fees. Some may be under-claimed and can make a significant difference.
  5. Consultation and Advice: Don't hesitate to seek guidance from experts specialising in care funding and elder law. They can provide tailored advice to your unique situation.

Get the Help You Need

If you're concerned about care home fees, it's essential to act now and get the help you need. Our dedicated legal professionals are here to support you every step of the way. We offer:

  • Personalised Consultations: We understand that each situation is unique, and we provide one-on-one consultations to address your specific concerns and needs.
  • Expertise in Older Person Law: Our experienced professionals specialise in older person law, care funding, and financial planning. We're here to ensure that you make informed decisions.
  • Financial Guidance: We can help you navigate the complexities of care home fees, funding options, and available benefits to secure your financial future.
  • Peace of Mind: With our assistance, you can face the future with confidence, knowing that you have a solid plan in place to manage care home fees.

Get in touch

If you're concerned about care home fees, please get in touch with our Private Client team. We're here to provide the guidance and support you need to make informed decisions about your future or the future of your loved one. 

We can help you with the following: 

  • Local Authority assessments and challenges 
  • NHS Continuing Healthcare
  • Care Home Contracts
  • Lasting Powers of Attorney
  • Court of Protection
  • Wills

Contact us today on 01329 288121 or email enquiries@warnergoodman.co.uk.

To speak to one of our experts please call us