Straight forward, no nonsense advice.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect across all the EU and EFTA member states, replacing the Data Protection Act in the UK (DPA), the Federal Data Protection Act in Germany (BDSG) and similar data privacy laws in all those states.
It made substantial changes to data protection rules in the UK, and the UK Government has announced that it will continue in effect post Brexit.
There has been much press surrounding the penalties of non – compliance (up to 4% of global turnover or, if higher, EUR 20m), as well as fines already imposed for several companies for seeking fresh consent, such as Honda and FlyBe. It is crucial therefore that steps are taken to ensure compliance, or adequately demonstrate your progression towards compliance.
Further information on GDPR can be found on our supporting articles here:
- Employment Law and GDPR
- GDPR - A Double Edged Sword
- GDPR - Much Ado About Nothing
- GDPR - Transparency update
- GDPR - Are you too late? Probably not.
- GDPR: Controller, Joint Controller, Processor or a Mere Recipient?
- GDPR: News update on B2B Communications
- Your GDPR Checklist
- What do Article 13 and Article 14 really mean?
- Not another Data Protection Act
- Are you preparing for GDPR?
To enquire as to how we can work with you to make your business compliant, or to have any questions answered, contact: