This is a combined search of the local authority’s Land Charge’s Register, plus it provides replies to standard enquiries of the local authority with the option of adding specific additional enquiries should the nature of the property or transaction require them. The matters revealed in the Land Charges Register could potentially have financial implications, or restrict your use of the Property, such as a subsisting development agreement, or an Article 4 Direction.
The replies to enquiries will reveal things such as:
- Whether any planning consents or building regulations approvals have been granted, are pending, or are refused, or whether any enforcement action has been taken
- Whether the highways serving the property are maintained at a public expense
- Whether there are any new roads and railways proposed within 200 metres of the property
- Whether the property is listed or within a Conservation Area
- Whether the property is registered as Common Land
- Whether any public footpaths run through the property
The cost of a Local Authority Search is in the region of £150-£300, but will vary depending on which local authority the property is maintained by.
Please note that the local search is simply a snapshot of the local authority’s records at the date that it was carried out. Anything added after that date will still bind the property even if you didn’t know about it.