Wonderful service from start to finish.
We are still here for you. We will continue to work during the pandemic but the way that we work has changed with the majority of our staff working from home.
Please call and email us as usual. You shouldn’t notice any difference. However, please do not visit our offices unless you have arranged a meeting. To protect our staff, we ask that you do not attend a prearranged meeting if you or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or has done so in the last 7 days.
If you are a client of our Chandler’s Ford office, please be aware that we are unable to process cheque or cash payments due to the local bank arrangements. We ask for all transactions to be made online until things return to normal.
We hope that you and your loved ones stay fit and healthy.
You can view our recent articles regarding how we are currently working and the latest Government guidance by using the links below:
For You and Your Family
- Urgent care proceedings still going ahead in spite of coronavirus
- Safe spaces to become available for people suffering domestic abuse
- Can I still attend Family Mediation sessions during lockdown?
- Co-parenting and maintenance payments during lockdown
- How do you witness a Will during the coronavirus pandemic?
- How will coronavirus impact my divorce?
- How will my Financial Order be affected in light of coronavirus?
- Writing a Will Checklist - the 8 things you need to consider
For Your Property
- Covid-19 and the impact on commercial landlords
- Covid-19 - what does it mean for commercial tenants?
- Can I apply for a business rate relief due to a Material Change in Circumstance?
- Can I re-mortgage during coronavirus?
- Can I release equity in my home during the coronavirus pandemic?
- Guidance for residential landlords during the Covid-19 Outbreak
- Government publish guidance on moving home during coronavirus pandemic
For Your Business
- What should I pay my furloughed employees who have just returned from maternity or paternity leave?
- What should be included in an Infectious Diseases policy?
- How can I monitor an underperforming employee who is working from home?
- Can I delay a start date or withdraw a job offer in light of coronavirus?
- Can my apprentices continue to learn while on furlough leave?
- How do I manage employee's data and employee's handling of client data during the coronavirus pandemic?
- How has coronavirus changed right to work checks?
- How has coronavirus changed holiday leave entitlement for employees?
- How do I manage employees working from home?
- What is Furloughed Leave and how does it work?